KING EDWARD VI GRAMMAR SCHOOL

Resources Wise Pay - Pupils Portal SLG Pupils E Mail
Ticket Sales

Encouraging Excellence, Nurturing Talent in Every Individual

Crest-master

Careers and Higher Education Gudiance

Students at King Edward's benefit from high quality careers advice and guidance throughout their schooling.  The calibre of this advice has been recognised externally and we have been consistenly awarded and reawarded the Gold Career Mark Award.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The overwhelming majority of our students return to us in Year 12 and continue their studies with us, and at the end of the Sixth Form 95% of them will go on to University, the remaining 5% tend to take a gap year and then reapply in the following year or pursue careers via the competitive apprenticeship routes such as Jaguar Land Rover, BAE, and other similar schemes.

 

For a small number in Year 10 or Year 11 their careers advice and guidance will be focused on identifying alternative pathways from the ones above.  This might include considering apprenticeships, alternative qualifications to A Level or a more practical and vocational pathway.  Many of these students leave us to go onto careers in catering and hospitality, IT, coding and games programming.

 

At all times we offer students the opportuntiy to explore the possible career of their choice.  Our annual Careers and Higher Education Fair brings students employers and Universities together here at King Edward's.

 

 

KEVIGS CEIAG STRATEGY KEVIGS CEIAG STRATEGY_Page_1 KEVIGS CEIAG STRATEGY